Sunday, March 21, 2010

Costco in Fredericton - Myth or Reality

So we have been hearing about Costco coming to Fredericton forever now. It's been years in the making and we still don't know what's going on. First they could not decide on a lot to build the huge warehouse on and when they did the environmental groups got on their case. At one point we heard that the new Costco was going to be build either in Fredericton or Saint John. Well, Saint John is getting theirs since it is now built and I believe will be opening sometimes in April or May. Does that mean that Costco in Fredericton is dead? Does anyone know?

It is not actually the deals that I find attractive at Costco but rather the variety and novelty of products. I am already a member and I always find time to stop at the store in Moncton. Actually I was there this weekend and managed to rack up close to $100 with about 8 things in the bottom of my huge cart. Yes, this is why they call Costco the $100 a trip store.

I am most likely to purchase books when I go to Costco. They have a great selection of French and English books and the children can always find something they want to read. I never say no to books (within reason of course) and the children know it. This weekend I also purchased the New Moon DVD for $19 and I did not have to be at Blockbuster at midnight to get it......The Orville popcorn and the Kirkland cashews are also some of my favorites.

Things I don't stock up at Costco because I can get them mostly for free somewhere else are toilet paper, shampoo & conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream, body cream, liquid detergent, cleaners, cereal, coffee, etc. You would be surprised at what I have stocked up that did NOT cost me anything. It all has to do with planning and clipping coupons. Let me know if you want to hear more about free stuff and the next time I can get something for free I will post here so you know what I am talking about.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment